ParaState, or Ethereum on steroids, is a multi-chain smart contract platform that extends the frontier of Ethereum using the Substrate framework. ParaState bridges the application and developer ecosystem between Polkadot, Substrate and Ethereum and other networks that provide high-performance Ethereum compatibility. ParaState is holding a two-month hackathon Oct.16th 21: 00 ET to Dec.15th 21: 00 ET. This event is co-organized with DoraHacks and will provide a total of 100,000 US dollars in rewards with tasks developers can complete and submit online. Project submission link: https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/Parastate/1
ParaState provides developers with a next-generation smart contract virtual machine to make any Substrate-based blockchain Ethereum-compatible while taking full advantage of the modern WebAssembly ecosystem. While supporting the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) pallet to provide seamless compatibility with all existing Ethereum applications, ParaState also provides developers with the next-generation smart contract implementation environment Ewasm. These two infrastructures share the same account system on ParaState and can communicate with each other. ParaState was selected by the Xcelerator incubator with the University of California, Berkeley in March, 2021 and is committed to building infrastructure for the next generation of the crypto economy.
ParaState is launching a two-month hackathon on Oct.16-Dec.15 and warmly invites developers from all over the world to participate.
Hackathon start date: October 16
The first offline workshop: November
The online workshop will be broadcasted live 2–3 times on DoraHacks, Bilibili.com and YouTube, and the recording will also be uploaded at that time
Submission reviewing: December 16-December 25
Award announcement: December 31
The ParaState online hackathon event reward pool totals 100,000 USD and consists of 3 parts:
A. Jury bonus pool: It will be decided and announced by the ParaState Foundation judges through the project code and demo review.
- First prize: 1 winner with a prize of 30,000 USD
- Second prize: 2 winners with a prize of 15,000 USD
- Third prize: 4 winners with a prize of 5,000 USD
- Honor prize: 10 winners with a prize of 1,000 USD
B. $5,000 quadratic voting bonus pool: The initial bonus pool will be allocated to the finalists based on the popularity of the project and the quadratic voting algorithm.
C. $5,000 Bounty reward:
Receive bounty through HackerLink, and submit the solution through Pull Request on Github, see xxx for the specific participation method of bounty (please link later)
Bonus (100–300 USD): Fix bugs for Sewup and XYZ projects
Sunshine Award ($50): Use Sewup to deploy any smart contract
All participants of the hackathon can participate in offline and online workshops hosted by the ParaState developer team. The first offline Workshop will be launched as a side event at the Rust Conference in Shanghai.
The first workshop of the hackathon was held alongside the Shanghai Rust China Conf, which was held in November. Rust China Conf 2021, to be launched in Shanghai in November (specific time to be determined), is sponsored by the Rust developer community and co-organized by well-known companies and open source organizations. It is the largest and only Rust offline conference in China in the year and will attract many Rust developers to participate. ParaState is one of the sponsors for RustConf.
Mentors: Senior Rust Engineers of ParaState Foundation
Tools and Documentations
We invite developers to use ParaState’s next-generation toolset and create top-notch blockchain applications.
Node Configuration Guideline
Developer learning documentation
1. https://github.com/second-state/SewUp (the first Rust SDK compatible with the Ethereum network)
2. https://github.com/second-state/buidl (Browser-based IDE)
3. https://github.com/ParaState/substrate-ssvm-node (the first scalable smart contract execution environment that also supports EVM and EWASM)
4. Any Ethereum ecological tool, ParaState is fully compatible with Ethereum EVM
Application preferences and requirements
This ParaState Hackathon welcomes applications of any kind (with no limitation on development tools) but is implemented in Rust to participate in the selection. The following applications are available for reference:
- ERC20 contract (issue an ERC20 protocol token on the ParaState testnet)
- NFT contract
- Block explorer
- Decentralized exchange: an on-chain order book exchange, an exchange for automatic market makers
- DEFI related
- And any other innovative applications
The submitted application must be open source and deployed on the ParaState testnet Plato, and a link is provided at the same time
Sufficient files are required to compile and deploy the application;
The application should be useful and interesting;
- Useful: A business that does not exist in the blockchain field, the application is achieved in the form of a blockchain network, or the business has a similar and continuously operating business in the blockchain field, it is regarded as useful; a completely novel project, There are no precedents in the blockchain and non-blockchain fields, and it will be judged after review and discussion.
- Interesting: Upload the demo video to your own Youtube or Bilibili.com account or post it on multiple platforms at the same time, with the tag #parastate, and the total number of likes on each platform is used as an interesting score
A demo video (5–10 minutes) must be submitted to explain the project and how to use it;
The project must be submitted before 15:59 (23:59 UTC) on December 15th, Beijing time.
- Jehan Chu, the Founder of Kenetic Capital
- Mike Tang Senior Rust Engineer, the Founder of Rust CC Community
- Antonio Yang, Senior Rust Engineer with ParaState Foundation
- @Wistar7, Top ParaState Spartan
- @MALITH123, Top ParaState Citizen
More information about ParaState
ParaState has officially launched its public testnet, Plato, currently running as a standalone Substrate blockchain. Plato is the first production-ready public testnet featuring both EVM and EWASM. By supporting 20+ programming languages to create Ethereum-compatible smart contracts, ParaState is uniting a larger developer community to boost cross-chain interoperability and enabling them to surf in the highly optimized industrial standard infrastructure while exploring brand new possibilities at the Ethereum frontier. ParaState is prioritizing and emphasizing fast execution and delivery of novel research on production while committing to radical transparency and open-source values on our development journey.
See you at the hackathon 👇
For more exciting content👇Welcome to follow👇